April 17, 2011

Beat Box



This is a poem I wrote for school. Our assignment was to write four stanzas with each line having the same syllable count. [Note: this is a poem. Places and incidents are either the product of the author's imagination or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental.]

Bouncing down the sidewalk-
Keys clank in my pocket-
Hop in my Camry, hike
that music way up high.

Bobbing to this rhythm,
beat throbbing through the car.
Palms spank the wheel, playing.
Head bops up, down, smiles wide.

Then I fall to thinking
on the lyrics running
through my dancing, blissful
head- I’m swirling around.

Swerve! Regain- thump of my
pounding heart. I am still.
The car pulses.  Beat box
brings me back to bouncing.

No comments:

Post a Comment